Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Introduction to The Art Garden  (Read 3371 times)

Hippolyta

• Administrator
  • Busy Bee
  • Veritas' Wildling
    • Writing after Midnight
Introduction to The Art Garden
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
Introduction

It all started some time back in the mists of time when I dreamed of creating a place where people could come and share their love for digital art, but also support each other and have fun together. That was when Art Garden was born. The name was tricky to come up with, but as so many other good ideas, suddenly one day, it was just there. The idea to combine art and gardening seemed so natural for me, and it is down along that way we have travelled.

For me, Art Garden is more than what I had originally envisioned it to be. It has grown in ways that I could not even imagine, and much of that growth comes from the amazing people who make up the bulk of the Garden - the Art Garden members. Without all the staff members, designers and people who come here to enjoy themselves, Art Garden would not be the community it is today.

Art Garden is a living, breathing place, and it is my hope that we will continue to grow and find new ways to express our love for digital art with all that it entails. The growth and nurturing is basically up to you, dear member, because without you, no seeds would be planted, and no flowers would sprout from the rich soil. Encourage the growth, make sure that your voice is heard and help us to make the garden grow.

Creativity, sharing, feedback and joy are words that are used to describe the Art Garden, and are detailed in the Art Garden Manifesto. A manifesto is a public declaration of principles and intentions - and that is what our Art Garden Manifesto is. It is a document that outlines what we believe in, and what we hope our community will be about. It is my hope that you, dear member, will read it and realize that it is something you will be a part of.

Finally, my words to you.

Creativity is about courage, about daring to face the risks, to try new things and to share an experience with others. Only by taking risks can we hope to accomplish the extraordinary.

I hope you will accomplish the extraordinary here with us.

Welcome to the Art Garden.

Waguespack

Re: Introduction to The Art Garden
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:39:41 AM »
I love that quote about creativity at the end. Thanks for sharing.